1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

alpha/beta, NFR, review or press discs ?

Discussion in 'PC Engine / Turbografx Discussion' started by ItsMeMario, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Peppy Member

Hi there Turbografx discussion.

As I havent found any or not much CDs with alpha/beta, debug, or "Not For Resale" text on it, I wonder how "big" the market is.

Im aware of some NFR discs and cartridges on eBay, but press discs/previews or alpha and beta versions seem to be very very rare on the pc engine / turbografx ?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Peppy Member

no alpha/beta/review , because if it a card game , it direct load game in PC98 with PCE card ( look like PCFXGA)
    if cd, it only use cd emu system

no review, they only send out photo , or ask editor come to play

ItsMeMario likes this.
  3. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Peppy Member

Very interesting "concept", not sending out any discs. :O

4. syphic

syphic Newly Registered

These do exists as I have a few of them. 6 or 7 of them. Theres also the 2 Demo discs for the kiosks. The Duo Demo for Lords of thunder and the Duo Demo for the 3 in 1 pack-in of Gate of thunder but has Air Zonk at the title screen instead of Bonk. Heres a picture of a Couple. The first is a Forgotten Worlds Sample. The Second is A Shadow of the Beat with Build Number on it. These are actual pressed discs and not CD-R's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ItsMeMario likes this.
  5. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Peppy Member

Thanks a lot for sharing these !

So these are indeed very very rare.

6. syphic

syphic Newly Registered

Yeah pretty uncommon. Havent seen any for sale in forever! I also have Dungeon Explorer 2, Madden, Buster Bros, Shadow of the beast and a few others I cant recall at the moment.