1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

Anyone play the Splatoon 2 Splatfest? What are your impressions?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Olschoolgamer, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Olschoolgamer

Olschoolgamer Spirited Member

i played in the Splatfest for about 2.5 hours. I never played the first Splatoon, so I really didn't have any expectations. I thought the game was very fun, addictive. Didn't really like the motion controls so I switched them off. The music I felt was super catchy. The graphics were great. I only ever used the splat gun they start you with and the roller. I felt I played better with the roller. I was getting destroyed starting out on my team (team Ice Cream) every match and felt like a burden to others. I started to get the hang of it after awhile though and soon started finishing within the top 2 of my team every match. The game was better than I was anticipating, exceeded my expectations. The gameplay mechanics are deep. At this point I'm almost certain I will preorder it. Anyone else participate in the Splatfest? What were your impressions of Splatoon 2?

2. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

No, I've been awesome at missing every single free play event they do... I hope they release a little demo for it, cause I've never played the first one either.

Olschoolgamer likes this.
  3. Olschoolgamer

Olschoolgamer Spirited Member

I hope they start doing demos as well. While it's nice to get everyone excited and active online for these events, it isn't always convenient to have set times as they have. I enjoyed it a lot, and was really looking forward to hearing others opinions about the game. I'm starting to think the lack of availability and the inconvenience of having set time demos makes this thread a dead one........Well not that my opinion isn't subjective, but I enjoyed it a lot.

4. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Well at least the splatoon one was for like 3 hours. I think all the ARMS ones were like a one hour window. Like come on, lol.

5. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

I didn't try it, was tempted to give it a try but the time window was not convenient at all for me (from 11PM to 3AM or something like that).

I have Splatoon for WiiU and only played it for about half an hour, the camera drove me crazy, don't know why it just felt weird.

This slotted timed demos are not very convenient, but I guess helps Nintendo carry out stress tests more easily. I managed to play during the ARMS one.