1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

Dumping from NPDP GDEV

Discussion in 'Dumping and Backing Up Your Games and Prototypes' started by Pabmyster, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Pabmyster

Pabmyster Member

Hello,

I recently obtained an NPDP GDEV and was wondering if there was a possibility of anything being stored locally on the unit, and if so, if there was a way to dump an image onto a computer through the GDEV? I'm unsure if this has been attempted before. It would be neat if the ODEM card was able to assist in dumping directly from the unit/from an NDPD cart in the unit somehow.

If this already exists then I apologize, GameCube development and devkit information is sparse and poorly documented. It would be amazing if somebody with the know-how could make guides on these kinds of things for easy access and I think the GameCube hacking/modding/homebrew community could really benefit from some beginner guides in general :) We just need someone willing to put the time in for such a project with little incentive.

2. Mooliecool

Mooliecool Rapidly Rising Member

You can only dump from Dolphin Developer Hardware HDD's and NPDP Cartridges. The GDEV itself does not store any data and the ODEM card really only allows streaming builds of games from a PC. If you were however going to dump an NPDP cartridge you would need a NPDP Reader. But your first step in streaming games to the GDEV would be to install the Nintendo Uber Installer SDK on a host PC that has your ODEM card connected.

Pabmyster likes this.
  3. Pabmyster

Pabmyster Member

Thanks for the response :)

That's unfortunate, so the only dev hardware that has a local HDD is the DDH then? It's good to know that at least there's no way of overwriting an existing build on the GDEV.
    Navigating the Dolphin SDK seems like a pain, I'm just going to poke around a bit and see what I can find. If there's a guide somewhere to using the sdk too that would be amazing :)

Mooliecool likes this.
  4. Mooliecool

Mooliecool Rapidly Rising Member

If you have access to your ODEM card on a running machine (with Win 98/2000) then install the Uber installer with everything and you should get a program related to ODEM emulation, I believe it was called odemsrv or something like that. Further adding on it I believe if you want to play dumped games you would convert your ISO to GCM and stream it or compile a source and compile it. Although I never got that far you should be able to if you have the full SDK and an ODEM.