1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

Everdrive on Mega Tech arcade motherboard

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by mar.vetto, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

hello,

have you been able to play nba jam and nba jam te with the adapter on your megatech?
    becuase on my megatech nba jam stars till the iguana entertainment screen, then turn in a black screen
    with no sound and other screen
    nba jam te doesn't start a all, just a screen with black and blue strips

the other games i own but don't works are aladin and populous 2

on the mega tech there is an option to set the game mode in japane or export
    but these have no effect on mega drive games used with the adapter

marco

2. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

have you tried a dual-language or region-locked mega drive game?

3. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

i don't have much skill with magadrive and genesis stuff but wanting to make some games works with my megatech cab i am learning something about these sega console
    i don't think the megatech boards are japanese or not only.....I have genesis games and european ega drive games working on it without any problems.
    I got street of rage 2 european version working on my megatech just switching off switch 2 of SW3, these can set magatech motherboard japanese or european

Tomorrow I want to make some test on not working games, I want to program the rom of these games modifing the line which determinate the region.
    This should be at ROM address 01F0 of some games, i will try this way and I will let you know

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  4. Brewman

Brewman Newly Registered

Hi guys.

I own a Sega Mega Tech and im super keen to get my hands on a converter so i'm able to play Mega Drive games! can anyone help me out please??

Mark

5. Nipedley

Nipedley Member

Hi guys

It is now possible to use an Everdrive X3/X5/X7 (albeit with limitations) on the Megatech

Info can be found (along with updated versions of all the old info that was on my site) here:

Please enjoy and pass along. I'm posting to all the top Google searches for Megatech & Everdrive, so hopefully those few of us in the Megatech community can find it

DL link: https://mega.nz/#F!5mZGTQZQ!mDAuPaSu1BSt6G0WRXTMqQ

Kind regards,
    Nipedley