1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

Idea: Petitions For Prototypes

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by VGA Guy, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:47 AM.

1. VGA Guy

VGA Guy Member

(If this is in the wrong area I apologize)
    Would it be possible to make a petition for game prototypes and send it to game developers to prove that there is interest in having their game prototypes released(ex Sly Cooper 1, Portal 2, etc)?

Just another one of my far fetched-ish ideas I thought I'd throw out there.
    I know that this method is DEFINITELY NOT foolproof, but the worst the companies can do is say no.

What do you guys think?

2. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

If I asked Epic, "Hey can we release project nano to the public?", there is a really REALLY good chance that will be a "No". (Best example for me because it's actually interesting as far as story)
    If I asked Valve, "Hey can you release some various milestones of Portal 2 (with Fstop, Mel, antigravity gel, etc)?" There's a good chance I'd get a polite "No, but we see where you're coming from."
    If I asked Sony, "Hey can you allow Uncharted builds to be released to special members on PSN if they applied to a (non-existent) beta program?" I probably wouldnt even be humored with a reply.

Idea is the same, generally it wouldn't happen unless the developer has something and has since left the company they're affiliated with. Same applies for press.

Not trying to shoot it down, but you would have a ton of stops along the way

3. VGA Guy

VGA Guy Member

Like I said, the idea is very far from a dependable strategy.

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

You could give it a shot. I see nothing wrong with trying at the very least.

5. MisterEnthusiast

MisterEnthusiast Robust Member

Funcom should release the unreleased Speed Freaks 2 game, so that all Speed Freaks fans could enjoy what would have been were it not for Funcom Dublin shutting down.

6. VGA Guy

VGA Guy Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 2:13 AM