1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

x3cp problems

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by scroeffie, Jul 15, 2017.

1. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

i have a x3cp xbox that gives me a error code 16
    the modchip works blue led ! but the front panel has no life lcd is off and als the front panel leds !
    the xbox is almost new en never been used !! i chekked the cables they all look oke incl the caps !!
    how do i get in the secret menu

chekked all the cables nothing the xbox is like new inside !! cables are all intact no rust nothing
    wierd

2. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Hold down the white button on the controller when booting up for Live Config menu I believe

3. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Rising Member

Pressing the controller's White button on power up is to startup on the X3 Config Live screen though I have a difficult time getting it to work sometimes.

I'd think some of the LEDs should light on the X3CP as the protect is either enabled or disabled (should light up red or green) must be a loose connection somewhere.

Sounds like the switches are set to disable the modchip or load a stock BIOS flashed to a bank. When loading a stock MS bios and power has been disconnected for a short time (>4 hours or much shorter with a bad clock capacitor), the Xbox tries to set the time/date via MS dashboard and that file is not being found on the HDD -- error 16!

If you press the power button for too long the X3 modchip will be disabled. Just a quick press should power on the Xbox with the modchip enabled. It doesn't take too long of a press to be considered a long press. I thought I'd turned on my X3 equipped Xbox with what I'd considered a quick press and it came up with the stock BIOS (modchip disabled). The front panel showed me so as it was RED instead of BLUE.

What happens if you power on the Xbox using both the Power and Eject buttons. It should boot the X3's backup BIOS - FlashBIOS 3.0.1 (may not work right if you have a 1.6b Xbox as it needs FlashBIOS 3.0.3).

Bank Switch Settings of X3 (X3CP button in = on, out = off):
    256k Bank
    Bank 1: on on on on
    Bank 2: off on on on
    Bank 3: on off on on
    Bank 4: off off on on
    Bank 5: on on off on
    Bank 6: off on off on
    Bank 7: on off off on
    Bank 8: off off off on

512k Bank
    Bank 12: on on on off
    Bank 34: off on on off
    Bank 56: on off on off
    Bank 78: off off on off

1MB Bank
    Bank 1234: on on off off (Set to this when flashing first time with FlashBIOS)
    Bank 5678: off on off off

2MB Bank
    Bank 12345678: off off off off

The X3CP has 5 buttons. The first rectangular button (on the original X3's small control panel DIP switch 5) is the protect switch (Green=protect/Red=unprotect) and the next 4 are the bank select switches 1 2 3 4.

Online manual for X3 -- http://x3.bustedchain.com/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

nothing is working i turn on the xbox after couple of sec flashes red and green ! than asian text with code 16
    i tried another hdd same thing ! tried slave master cable select same thing ,tried pressing the eject and power button does nothing !!
    i chekked the cables all are new and wel connected !! the xbox is like new inside and outside its a green front panel !!
    holding the whitebutton does nothing !! long press or short press on the power button and eject button does nothing !! the modchip is active blue led ! i chekked the lcp connection all looks good like new !! chekked solder all looks good !! iam lost
    i tried booting a autoinstaller nothing !

5. KaosEngineer

Open it up, pull the X3 off the pin header. See if it gets the same thing.

Try a different configuration of the bank select buttons to see if it does something different.

If they never installed the X3 BIOS to the chip it should have FlashBIOS 3.0.1 and FlashBIOS 3.0.3 installed. Boot with either of the 1MB bank settings shown above. IIRC, the first configuration for 3.0.1 (Xbox v1.0-1.6a) and second for 3.0.3 (Xbox v1.6b).

Without the X3 BIOS installed, you cannot enter the X3 Config Live menu.

X3 BIOS is a 1MB BIOS and to enter you'd need to use one of the 2 1MB switch configurations.

The online manual has a section if you are only FRAG'ing (Flashing Red and Green).
    http://x3.bustedchain.com/installation.html#troubleshooting

Update: I see they have links to a lot of pages that are now offline :( Some may be viewed using archive.org's Wayback machine. Copy the link and go to the site archive.org and paste the link into the Wayback Machine search box.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  6. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

its a 1,6 xbox the front panel leds are not working i dont think a flashbios is installed
    does not want to power on anymore !! i tried 2 working psu nothing !!

7. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

iam going to sell it if any one wants it !! i know its someting small to fixx
    i dont know how to post pictures it comes with 160gb hdd !!
    is brand new inside and outside the lcd screen is new 0 scratches

8. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

xbox is working again wierd !! still not booting and front panel is turned off
    code 16 see video

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  9. KaosEngineer

AFter thinking about it a bit more, the cable running from the X3 modchip through the front panel opening to the bank select switches may have been pinched and severed a wire making it lose power.

Is the modchip an X3 or X3CE?

Posted some info on TiZ too.

I'd love to purchase it but I think shipping would double the cost. I'm in USA.

I still think u can fix it. Don't give up on it!

10. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

dont know what kind its purple color with a big white X logo
    dont know how to post pictures !! the cables look all fine and wel connected

11. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

disconnected all cables from the chip incl the chip its self tried to turn it on with
    2 working power eject bord ! nothing wont power on
    going to chek the psu

changed the psu xbox is turning on now stil doing the same thing
    no lcd screen no leds on the buttons hdd and ethernet !

tried a boot disc nothing /i tried this same thing also try the second conector point on the Reset/eject adaptor for the 2 pin plug to the chip.
    front panel is hanging loos ! so this is not possible I shorted something out?

tried a new hdd ,tried my own personal hdd nothing same thing all hdd's are unlocked
    took out the lcd screen all looks oke cables etc its like new !

12. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

i give up i tried my best ! its for sale

13. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Where are you located? PM me with a price, thanks

14. KaosEngineer

15. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

the modchip is purple

16. KaosEngineer

It's the X3 !

17. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

x3 is this a good thing ! i had couple of x3cp xbox couple of years back but they where white chip !
    and they where easy to fix ! but this one i cant see to find the problem
    anyways i did my best

18. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

19. scroeffie

scroeffie Active Member

20. KaosEngineer

Too bad, as I think it was your incomplete LPC rebuild causing the problem. Can't work without proper connection of the LPC port.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:12 AM